Tuesday, August 4, 2009

CPR Ales #94


I confess to an "early learning curve" in my all-grain brewing process, and I failed to properly crush the grain for the primary fermentation of this ale, resulting in a very weak beer. Not to worry, I simply set aside an evening for some grain mill adjustments, and an additional mash of 12 pounds of grain. Then I removed three gallons of the primary, and replaced it with three gallons of a very rich grain mash. The yeast, which had previously eaten through the primary in a record 30 hours, as if to say, "Is that all you've got?", proceeded to chow down for another three days, and I harvested some very nice ales. Michael Moore graces this label, in honor of his ground-breaking movie, "SICKO", a seminal piece of work intended to initiate CPR on our health insurance industry.
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment