Friday, August 28, 2015

Batch #145 ~ E.S.B.

Starting off my 2015 brewing season in March, I maxed out the grain bill with 28# again, only this time I made certain to achieve a full 10-gallon batch of ale.  I used  one ounce of Summit hops, two ounces of Liberty hops, and 12 ounces of fresh frozen hops from one of my wild harvests last Autumn, along the bike path enroute to Carbondale.  This ale came out  to 6.5% a.b.v., with a rich hops flavor, but not as bitter as an IPA might be.  This batch began my expansion into kegging, with the acquisition of several 2.5-gallon kegs, of which two stack neatly inside the new refrigerator I bought and installed under the stairs.  This makes for a ready supply of perfectly carbonated beer, especially for parties and special events, like a weekend camping trip with some hunting pals, who gave me some delicious Elk steaks in gratitude for sharing this ESB.
I captured this honeybee photo, up close and personal, with an Olloclip macro lens attached to my iPhone 4S.  She was so excited to taste the first Apricot nectar of the season, she paid my close lens no mind at all.
Cheers!
MT

No comments:

Post a Comment