Thursday, October 29, 2015

Batch #148 ~ Imperial IPA

I wanted to see how high an alcohol content I could reach with my ten-gallon brewing system, and this here's the limit for 2015, an Imperial India Pale Ale at 9.0% a.b.v., brewed with Cascade and Citra whole leaf hops, and dry-hopped with a small amount of Willamette leaf hops.  I need to serve this one in 4-ounce beer glasses.
I served a short keg of this ale at Sustainable Settings Harvest Party in September 2015.  The food was incredible, and also serving their delicious fermented (and distilled) beverages were Aspen Brewing Co., Jack Rabbit Hill Winery and Peak Spirits from Hotchkiss.
The tatter-winged honeybee in the photo had been dining on dandelion nectar at my feet during a pruning workshop there last Spring, so I gave her this label.

Cheers!
MT

No comments:

Post a Comment