Thursday, October 29, 2015

Batch #149 ~ Diesel Stout

My first ever batch of stout dates back to 1999, and I named it "Diesel Stout", after "The Diesel Lounge", a bar near Yale University, created by my younger brother Daniel's friend Brian Gilhuly, and still going strong today.  Brian is (was) a welder and metal sculptor, and he built much of the bar furnishings himself.  I am told by Daniel that Brian still has a bottle of my diesel stout on the back bar, which would make it the oldest unopened bottle of my homebrew, if the cap's still on.
Came across this photo on the internet, and couldn't find the name of the photographer.  If that is you, email me a high resolution file of the photo and your ups address, and I'll send you a few bottles of the 48 I filled and labeled (limited edition liquid poetry).  Deadline is December 31, 2015, when the last of these bottles will have been freely shared with my friends and family.

Here's to you, Diesel Lounge!

MT

No comments:

Post a Comment